Press Release 2010
UOB (Malaysia) Unveils New Premises For Kota Kinabalu Branch In Jalan Gaya
New branch offers better customer service and experience
Kota Kinabalu, 23 January 2010 – United Overseas Bank (Malaysia) Berhad [UOB (Malaysia)] today unveiled new premises for UOB Kota Kinabalu Branch. Housed in Bangunan UOB in Jalan Gaya, the branch is now located directly opposite its former premises in Wisma Great Eastern.
In his welcome speech during the official opening, Mr Chan Kok Seong, Director and Chief Executive Officer of UOB (Malaysia), said that the new premises reflects the Bank’s continued commitment to serving the needs of the Kota Kinabalu community.
Mr Chan said, “The branch has a special place in the history of the UOB Group; it is the first UOB branch in Malaysia. The branch has since come a long way. Our investment in the building, Bangunan UOB, is a testament of our confidence in Kota Kinabalu’s growth. We will also continue to introduce financial products that are specially catered to the needs of this robust community.”
UOB Kota Kinabalu Branch is equipped with a Privilege Banking Centre for affluent clients and a comfortable banking hall with modern facilities, including automated queue numbering system and plasma screens informing customers of Bank’s new products and promotions. It also has a spacious 24-hour Electronic Banking Centre with ATMs, Cash Deposit Machines and Touch Screen Cheque Deposit Machines.
To celebrate this milestone, the Bank is offering exclusive promotions to Kota Kinabalu customers from now to 28 February 2010.
- Customers who invest a minimum of RM10,000 and place a minimum of RM5,000 in a three-month or six-month fixed deposit will enjoy a special interest rate for that fixed deposit. To qualify for the special interest rate, the quantum of investment to fixed deposit must be at a ratio of 2:1. For example: RM10,000 in a unit trust and RM5,000 in a three-month fixed deposit.
- Additional 1% p.a. interest for a one-month, two-month or three-month fixed deposit for customers who also sign up for a regular premium insurance plan with a minimum annual premium of RM5,000.
- Preferential interest rates for fixed deposit placements in tenors of two to five years.
- Customers may prematurely withdraw their existing fixed deposit placements with UOB Kota Kinabalu Branch without forfeiting all interest earned, if they invest the funds in an investment or insurance product with the Bank.
* Placement in FD must be new funds brought into Branch. The deposits must be made with new funds, i.e. funds not transferred from existing UOB savings / current / fixed deposit account(s) or in the form of UOB cheques, cashier’s orders or demand drafts.
Customers may approach Personal Bankers at UOB Kota Kinabalu Branch for the full terms and conditions. For more information on these promotions, please call UOB Kota Kinabalu Branch at 088-526 000.