The Chairman, the Board and senior management are committed to deliver fair outcomes for our customers by putting our customers at the heart of everything we do. We are committed to providing clear and honest advice, making sure that the financial products we offer are right for our customers. We believe in providing fair outcomes as it helps us build and foster long-term relationships with our customers. This Charter sets out our commitment by applying the following principles:-
Embed fair dealing into our institution’s corporate culture and core values
- We will set minimum standards on fair business practices in all dealings with our customers. This includes providing financial services or products suitable to our customers’ financial requirements and preserving the confidentiality of our customers’ information;
- We will train all staff attending to customers to provide quality advice and recommendation;
- We will take customers’ feedback seriously and provide immediate constructive feedback to our staff.
Fair & transparent terms
- We will ensure that the terms in our contracts or agreements are fair, transparent, and clearly communicated to customers;
- We will ensure that terms and conditions set out the respective rights, liabilities and obligations clearly and as far as possible in plain language;
- We will ensure that the terms and conditions in contracts or agreements are not altered without prior notification to customers.
Clear, relevant and timely information on financial services and products
- We will provide customers with relevant and timely information in a product disclosure sheet;
- We will disclose key product features, fees and charges, risks and benefits in a clear and concise manner;
- We will ensure critical terms are brought to customers’ attention and explained to the customers.
Exercise due care, skill and diligence when dealing with customers
- We will conduct sales, advertising and marketing of our financial services and products with integrity and will not make false or exaggerated claims;
- We will avoid or clearly disclose actual or potential conflicts of interest;
- We will ensure staff remuneration takes into consideration whether key performance indicators relating to fair treatment of customers have been achieved.