Please find below the list of accounts with updated Terms and Conditions:
1. Normal Current Account (https://www.uob.com.my/business/transact/biz-nca.page)
2. Basic Current Account (https://www.uob.com.my/business/transact/basic-current-account.page)
3. Foreign Currency Account (https://www.uob.com.my/business/transact/biz-fca.page)
4. Fixed Deposit Account (https://www.uob.com.my/personal/save/fixed-deposit/index.page)
5. Money Market Deposit (https://www.uob.com.my/corporate/gmim/gmim-money-market.page)
6. Basic Current Account-i (https://www.uob.com.my/islamic/business/deposits-basic-current-account-i.page)
7. Current Account-i (https://www.uob.com.my/islamic/business/deposits-current-account-i.page)
8. Foreign Currency Call Account-i (https://www.uob.com.my/islamic/personal/foreign-currency-call-account-i.page)
9. Islamic Fixed Deposit (https://www.uob.com.my/islamic/business/deposits-fixed-deposit-i.page)
10. Islamic Money Market Deposit (https://www.uob.com.my/islamic/corporate-institutional/globalmarket-money-market-deposit-i.page)
For the updated Terms and Conditions, please visit their respective pages as indicated.
Please be informed that effective 10 September 2019, maintenance requests for BIB will no longer accepted. This is in line with BIB being discontinued after completion of the customer migration exercise from BIB to BIBPlus.
Please click here for a copy of the revised UOB BIBPlus Getaway Campaign Terms & Conditions.
We are pleased to inform that our UOB Sungai Petani Branch will be relocated to Amanjaya Square on Monday, 6th January 2020.
We trust you will enjoy better facilities and comfort at our new premises located at:
UOB Sungai Petani Branch
No.4, Jalan Cempaka 1/3,
08000 Sungai Petani,
Kedah Darul Aman.
Our last day of banking operations at 177 & 178, Jalan Kelab Cinta Sayang, Taman Ria Jaya will be on Friday, 3rd Jan 2020.
If you need any assistance, please contact UOB Contact Center at 03-26128 121/ 04-2401 121.
Thank you for your patronage and support.
Notification on changes to Standard Terms and Conditions Governing Banking Facilities (applicable to non-individual borrowers only)
Standard Terms and Conditions governing Banking Facilities
Please be informed that our Standard Terms and Conditions governing Banking Facilities (“STC”) which forms part of the letter of offer for banking facilities to our borrowers, has been revised and will take effect from 3rd September 2019.
The following main clauses in our STC have been amended and revised:-
- Insertion of Clause 4 (Financial Crime Representations and Warranties);
- Amendment to Clause 7 ( Conversion of Foreign Currency Facility);
- Amendment to Clause 8 ( Break Funding Cost);
- Amendment to Clause 16.1 (Events of Default);
- Amendment to Clause 26 (Market Disruption);
- Amendment to Clause 30 (Disclosure of Information);
- Insertion of Clause 45 (Assignment);
- Deletion of the definition for FATCA Exempt Party, FATCA Deduction and US Person; and
- Insertion of the definition for Vendor.
Please click here for a copy of the revised STC.
Notification on changes to Standard Terms and Conditions Governing Islamic Financing Facilities (applicable to non-individual customer only)
Standard Terms and Conditions Governing Islamic Financing Facilities
Please be informed that our Standard Terms and Conditions governing Islamic Financing Facilities (“STC - Islamic”) which forms part of the letter of offer for Islamic financing facilities to our customers, has been revised and will take effect from 3rd September 2019.
The following main clauses in our STC - Islamic have been amended and revised:-
- Insertion of new Clause 4.3 (Financial Crime Representation and Warranties);
- Amendment to Clause 7 (Conversion of Islamic Foreign Currency Facility);
- Amendment to Clause 8 (Prepayment);
- Amendment to Clause 25 (Market Disruption);
- Amendment to Clause 27 (Increased Costs);
- Amendment to Clause 29 (Disclosure of Information);
- Insertion of new Clause 46 (Assignment); and
- Amendment to Clause 47 (Definitions and Interpretation).
Please click here for a copy of the revised STC - Islamic.
We wish to inform that as part of our branch network strategic plan, a new location for UOB Sandakan is being explored to serve you better. This plan would be carried out tentatively in the first half of 2020. We will provide more details once the new location has been confirmed.
Pending the finalization of the above, you may continue to conduct your banking transactions seamlessly at our current Sandakan branch location or at our alternative channels as follows:
1. Our network of the other 44 UOB branches nationwide. Please click here to find the location of your nearest branch.
2. Our self-service terminals at all our branches are available 24 hours, 7 days a week for your convenience.
3. If you are a registered user, you may also use our internet banking services and / or mobile banking services or,
4. Alternatively, you may sign up for internet banking services and / or mobile banking services to manage your finances anywhere, anytime.
Please contact any of our operations staff at the Sandakan branch at 089-212 028 / 089-217 833, our Contact Centre at 088-477 121 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org latest by 15 August 2019 if you have any concerns or queries to the above proposal.
Thank you for banking with us and we look forward to your continuous support.
The amendments are made to Clause 3,4 & 8.
Please find the latest Terms & Conditions here.
Please click here for copy of the Terms and Conditions.
Read the latest copy here.
Please be informed that Fixed Deposit Interest Rates will be revised respectively to the following:
|Month / Bulan||Existing Interest Rates (%p.a.) / Kadar Faedah Sedia Ada (% setahun)||Revised Interest Rates (%p.a.) / Pindaan Kadar Faedah (% setahun)|
|13 to 23||3.35||3.10|
|24 to 47||3.45||3.20|
|48 to 59||3.55||3.30|
Please be informed that the service charges of Cashier’s Order and Demand Draft have been revised as follows, effective 1 March 2019.
|Service Charges||Revised Fees & Charges|
Please find the summary of changes in the Standard Terms and Conditions Governing Islamic Financing Facilities for ease of reference:
- Amendment to Clause 1.2;
- Amendment to Clause 1.6;
- Insertion of new Clause 2.4;
- Amendment to Clause 2.5;
- Amendment to Clause 5.2 (Takaful/Insurance);
- Amendment to Clause 8 (Prepayment);
- Amendment to Clause 10 (Profit/Commission/Fees/Charges (Where Applicable));
- Amendment to Clause 14 (Security Margin);
- Amendment to Clause 15.1 (Events of Default);
- Amendment to Clause 19 (Taxes, Duties, or Levies);
- Amendment to Clause 21.4 (Right of Set-Off);
- Amendment to Clause 35.6 (Notices);
- Amendment to Clause 37.1 (Agent For Service of Legal Process);
- Amendment to Clause 43 (Legal and Shariah Advice); and
- Amendment to Clause 46 (Definitions and Interpretation).
Please click here for a copy of the revised Standard Terms and Conditions Governing Banking Facilities.
- Annual service tax of RM25 will be charged on each principal or supplementary credit or charge card.
- For existing credit or charge cardholders, service tax of RM25 will be charged upon annual renewal of each principal or supplementary credit or charge card.
United Overseas Bank Limited (“UOB”), its branches in and outside Singapore and subsidiaries (“UOB Group entities”) are committed to complying with the sanctions laws and regulations (“sanctions laws”) passed by Singapore, the United Nations Security Council, the European Union and the U.S. Department of the Treasury’s Office of Foreign Assets Control as well as applicable sanctions laws in the jurisdictions in which UOB Group entities operate. Under the sanctions laws, individuals and entities are prohibited from entering financial transactions or provide financial assistance or services in relation to sanctioned individuals, entities or activities and non-compliance with relevant regulations may result in criminal liability, fines or to both.
As such, UOB Group entities do not and will not open accounts, continue customer relationships, provide products or services, execute or facilitate transactions (directly or indirectly) or engage in any activity involving sanctioned individuals, entities, countries or territories. Currently, sanctioned countries and regions are the Crimea region, Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan and Syria.
By applying for products and services and by continuing a banking relationship with us, you represent and warrant that at all times, you are not subject to any sanction laws and shall not use UOB Group entities, products or services (regardless of currency) for the benefit of sanctioned individuals, entities, countries or territories. UOB Group entities will not hesitate to take necessary action, including reporting, rejecting and/or blocking transactions, rejecting funds, closing accounts, terminating relationships that appear to violate sanctions laws.
Effective 1 January 2019, no interest/profit portion of the Murabahah Sale Price will be paid for FD / FD-i* premature withdrawals regardless of placement date. Premature withdrawals made before 1 January 2019 will not be affected by this revision.
Should your require further clarification or assistance, please do not hesitate to contact your respective home branches.
*In this regard, you agree to waive your rights to claim full Murabahah Sale Price and grant the Bank the full rebate (Ibra’) on the profit of the Murabahah Sale price.
Effective 1st January 2018, our revised interchange fee rates are as follows:
|Type of Card Transaction||Interchange Fee Rate|
|Malaysian-issued Credit Cards (Visa/MasterCard)||0.931% of the value of the transaction|
|Domestic Debit Card /Prepaid Card
(remain unchanged, same as Year 2017)
|Malaysian- issued International Debit / Prepaid Card
(remain unchanged, same as Year 2017)
|Malaysian-issued Union-Pay International Card / American Express Card||0.831% of the value of the transaction|